The IST-203 facilitates a DCS migration during active process conditions to eliminate downtime, also known as a online DCS migration. The tool takes over and simulates 0(4)-20 mA loops allowing the user to perform an online control system migration without any disturbance of the process, while increasing efficiency, control and safety.
Efficient and safe DCS migration process
Many distributed control systems in process plants are reaching the end of their product lifetime. With today’s requirements in the field of safety, efficiency and control, a control system migration to a modern system is in many cases inevitable.
A couple of factors are of great importance to plant managers and DCS migration managers during a migration project. They prefer a reliable and solid migration solution for all critical loops to improve efficiency and safety. They are also looking for a quick and easy process because in the case of a DCS migration; downtime cost a lot of money!
The Online DCS Migration Tool takes over and simulates 0(4)-20 mA loops. The IST-203 comes with a software guided take over process to guide the technician through the online migration process, minimizing human errors and risks. This makes the tool suitable for every online DCS migration strategy.
- Connect the device; the
- Sample mode;
- Loop take-over;
- Match output;
- End take-over;
- Improved safety, efficiency and control during DCS or PLC migration
- Software guided process designed to minimize human errors and risks
- Offset control – adjusting the loop values during the migration
- Output match – The IST-203 verifies the new control system output
- Step-by-step migration
- Suitable for all control system brands, including Honeywell, Emerson, ABB, Yokogawa, Invensys and others
Case-study: IST-203 used by Yokogawa
- Throughout 2016 Istec was involved in a large DCS migration project with the IST-203 Online DCS Migration Tool.
- Project name:The Great Migration project
- Companies:Yokogawa, Emerald Kalama Chemical
- Loops migrated:4200 I/O’s, 1750 I/O’s with the support of the IST-203 Online DCS Migration Tool
- Migration start:
- In order to train users and replicate field situations, Istec has designed a training- and test unit. The company also offers training sessions in which users learn more about both the use and the concept of the product. Contact us for more information about training.