The IST-101 is a 3 channel frequency generator to simulate speed signals for verifying speed monitoring- and protection systems.
Overspeed trip simulation
Turbine overspeed events lead to costly and dangerous catastrophic failures. Therefore the overspeed system has to be periodically tested to ensure the system has the adequate response time. Bringing a turbine in overspeed on purpose to verify the protection system is not an option since this is very dangerous. Therefore it is necessary to simulate overspeed signals using the IST-101 frequency generator which is used for partial proof tests to guarantee the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) of the Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- 3 channel frequency generator
- All 3 channels are independent adjustable for frequency, amplitude, offset and phase
- Sweep function
- Loop current monitor
- Over speed, 1oo1, 2oo2, 3oo3, 1oo2, 2oo3, 3oo3
- Under speed, 1oo1, 2oo2, 3oo3, 1oo2, 2oo3, 3oo3
- Zero speed, 1oo1, 2oo2, 3oo3, 1oo2, 2oo3, 3oo3
- Loop okay function, 1oo1, 2oo2, 3oo3, 1oo2, 2oo3, 3oo3
- Sensor okay (current monitoring per channel).
- Reverse rotation / Forward rotation
- Acceleration (speed)
IST-101 probe adapter
The IST-101 probe adapter works as a three channel digital pole wheel; it simulates a signal for the speed probes. The adapter offers the user the opportunity to test the complete loop including the sensors in a very efficient way. The universal mounting bracket supports different types and sizes of sensors and is easy to use.